Dehradun. The Uttarakhand High Court on Tuesday heard the petition filed regarding the increase in the number of pilgrims of Chardham Yatra. The court has removed the ban on the travelers to visit and visit more than the prescribed limit along with the ban in the Chardham. After the order of the court, now devotees will be able to go for Chardham Darshan unabated. The court made it clear that the government will have to ensure compliance with the Covid protocol. The government has got a big relief from the order of the court.
During the hearing in the division bench of Chief Justice RS Chauhan and Justice Alok Kumar Verma on Tuesday, Advocate General SN Babulkar and Chief Standing Advocate Chandrashekhar Rawat, appearing for the government, said that in view of Covid to travel to Chardham, the court had earlier ordered devotees to visit Chardham. The number was fixed, but at present, the cases of Covid are coming in the state negligible, so the order of the prescribed number of devotees for Chardham Yatra should be amended.
The Advocate General also said before the court that less than 40 days are left for the Dharadham Yatra to end, so all the devotees who are coming should be allowed to have darshan. The devotees who are registering for online darshan are not coming, due to which the local people are threatening their livelihood. Every effort is being made to get the government to follow the guidelines given earlier by the court. All facilities were made available in Chardham Yatra.
It has also been said by the government that the ban on the prescribed number of pilgrims should be removed or the number of devotees should be increased from three to four thousand per day. After which the court gave the said decision. Let us inform you that in the past, the court had allowed 800 devotees to visit Kedarnath Dham, 1000 in Badrinath Dham, 600 in Gangotri, 400 in Yamunotri Dham every day to visit Chardham.